Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Norwegian Poem for You :)

Hyggelig å se deg (Nice to see you.....well not literally...but you know what I mean!)

Shelby Here!

Over the weekend Birger assigned us a cute little Norwegian poem to memorize for class on Monday. We worked pretty hard, and the hard work paid off because I was one of the lucky students who had to recite it in front of the class....but I think I did pretty well if I do say so myself :)

Here is the poem for your reading pleasure:

En liten mus
Kryper ut av sitt hus
Den ser etter mat
I kopp og på fat
En liten bit her
Og en liten bit der
Er nok for meg
Som liten er



And here is the translation of the poem according to Google Translate with some changes by me:

A little mouse
Crawls out of his house
It looks for food
In the cup and the barrel
A little bit here
And a little bit there
Is enough for me
As I am little


God Natt :)
Shelby (and Kjerstin)

No comments:

Post a Comment